Monsoon season is bliss and brings about a much needed break from the scorching sun and the sweltering heat. However, along with monsoon comes humidity, which gives birth to mold and mildew that can damage your walls, clothes, and even furniture. So, how can you prevent mold growth and keep the moisture at bay? Let's find out.
To combat mold growth, the very first thing you need to do is get rid of moisture from your home. Here are some tips to help you out:
● Buy a dehumidifier to remove humidity from the room
● Make sure your room gets sufficient sunlight throughout the day
● Clean water condensation as soon as you spot it
● Sprinkle baking soda on surfaces covered with moisture
● Wipe down your furniture using a dry towel or cloth
● Open the windows and doors to allow airflow and ventilation
Once you take measures for eliminating moisture, the next step is to get rid of the mold in your house and stop its growth. Here's how you can do that.
Some common places where you can find mold growth are under your kitchen sink, walls, furniture placed next to the walls, behind the toilet, on the bathroom walls, near the washing machine, and other areas where water or water condensation is present. Here are some tips to prevent mold growth and ensure a safe environment indoors.
● Identify the area where mold growth is usually present
● Immediately dry the wet areas of your home and ensure proper ventilation
● If there are any leaking pipes or seepage issues, get them fixed right away
● Move all your furniture away from the walls where the seepage occurs
● Avoid keeping any damp items lying around in your house, including clothes and furniture pieces
● Dry damp clothes or furniture pieces before you bring them into your home
● Opt for a mold removal service and frequent the use of products that help prevent mold growth.
As fun as the monsoon season is, it can instantly turn into a nuisance if you're not careful. Household mold is a very frequent issue for this weather, especially if you have an old house with seepage and pipeline issues. It is essential that you follow the tips above and identify the problematic places of your home to prevent mold growth. You can even rely on a good mold removal company to nip the problem in the bud and ensure a dry, mold-free house in the monsoon season!
Bio-One technicians can quickly stop and remove the fungus that occurs naturally in areas subjected to humidity, condensation, water leaks and insufficient ventilation. Hiring a professional mold removal company is critical as inadequate removal, remediation and treatment of mold spores can lead to health risks that include respiratory complications, skin irritation and severe allergic reactions.
Our Bio-One team properly contains areas infested with mold and discards any household or business items that have been highly contaminated, whether that entails tearing out and reconstructing areas or less thorough mold removal procedures. The remediation may include minor or major repairs, dependent on the level of mold damage.
Bio-One crews are available 24/7 and provide mold remediation services and other cleanup services for properties such as residential homes, vehicles, communities, and businesses. If prevention fails, Bio-One can be there to remediate the mold in a safe and contained way to prevent the spores from travelling to other areas of the home.